Saturday 21 July 2007

NAXOS ISLAND photos - ΝΑΞΟΣ



Naxos island also belongs to Cyclades, it's 2h north from Santorini and it's much cheaper than other islands. It has many nice sandy beaches, crystal and hot waters, good food. Some beaches are good choice for windsurfing.
*** *** ***
In the entrance of Naxos you can see ''Portara'' (it means ''huge door''), the entrance of an ancient temple for God Apollo that was never ended. There are myths and legents why it was
left like this. It was built in a way that it faces Dilos, the island that was devoted to Apollo (its close to Mykonos and its an archaelogical momument- there are no people living on it).




Try to get lost in the small paths walking at the old city of naxos, a medieval village with narrow paths that was built in a castle for the fear of pirates! Your mind and body travels in the medieval ages, where there are no cars and noises, just castles, pirates and knights!
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone,

My name is Freddy and I've wasted nearly two weeks of my life on this place ;-) I found it after being told by a few friends who have been hanging out here for quite some time.

I am a writer, graphics artist, photographer and just about anything else that comes up around the office. Aside from the above interests i'm really into scifi as I just know that is so much more out there to be explorerd, and a feeling that the universe is just teaming with life.

Well, I hope that I get to know more people here, share some fun and start learning. Enjoy the evening and enjoy it's happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web page is genuinely working hard for his web page, as here every stuff is quality based material.



Here is my site - kitts